Scientific Grade Raman Spectrometer
GemmoRaman-532SG™ represents the most advanced gemological photoluminescence and Raman spectrometer currently on the market at a reasonable cost.
GemmoRaman-532SG™ is based on state of the art Ocean Optics TEC cooled scientific grade spectrometer capable for detecting smallest Raman and photoluminescence signals with extremely high signal to noise ratio. It’s extended spectral range is specifically tailored for diamond studies, allowing clear detection of important signs of possible synthetic origin and/or irradiation treatments.
GemmoRaman-532SG™ has gained great popularity among diamond laboratories as an important tool for detecting synthetic diamonds manufactured by CVD (Chemical Vapor Deposition) method.
- Fully automatic Raman & PL (photoluminescence) based gem identification system
- Identifies most gems and imitations rapidly – typically in 10 seconds to 1 minute
- Non-destructive tool specifically tailored for gemological laboratories
- Works best on polished surfaces, but can identify rough as well
- Works for both loose and mounted gems
- Unique AutoFocus feature – place the gem table down on the sample stage and go!
- Laser-safety interlocks for safe operation – no need for safety goggles
- Expanding set of accessories for enhanced productivity
Hardware & Technical Specifications
GemmoRaman-532SG™ has been manufactured with no compromises. The selected spectrometer is absolutely the best on the market – Ocean Optics QEPro. This thermoelectrically cooled CCD-type spectrometer has outstanding 18bit A/D- conversion and provides practically noiseless spectra. Typical noise for one second exposure time is about 0.5 counts out of more than 200 000 counts. To translate this technical jargon for a gemologist; the results are simply pure.
- CNC milled stainless steel & anodized aluminum construction; no cheap plastic parts
- Certified Class 1 Laser product
- Proprietary Laser stop double safety system
- Very small footprint suitable for desktop; 160 x 255 mm (6.3″ x 10″)
- Light weight: 6.0 kg
- Highest quality external Ocean Optics QEPro spectrometer
- 18 bit A/D resolution (>200,000 counts)
- 21-point wavelength calibration
- Superior unit-to-unit reproducibility and sensitivity
- NIST traceable intensity calibration up to 4000 cm-1, best effort > 4000 cm-1
- Electrically safe 12V system supplied with laptop type transformer (12VDC 3A)
- Range: ~ 200-5700 cm-1 (up to 765nm)
- Resolution: 11 cm-1 FWHM
- Automatic exposure time from 8 ms to 3 seconds
- Automatic shutter control for CCD dark energy profile compensation
- 10º-30ºC operating temperature range
Software – It Does Make a Difference
GemmoRaman software has been build from the ground up only two things in mind – gemology and gemologist. We are gemologists ourselves and know exactly how frustrating in can be to work with a tool that does not understand what you want to accomplish. When we say our tool is automatic we mean it is fully automatic. However, all the powerful sophisticated rings and bells are right there under the hood, ready to be explored by more experienced users.
- Comes with pre-installed Dell™ laptop computer
- Free software with comprehensive gemological Raman & PL spectral libraries
- Automatic spectral matching against Raman & PL libraries
- AutoScan feature – one button click for material identification
- Built-in update feature installs free library updates via the Internet
- Fast USB connection to Windows PC (or Mac with Windows partition)
- NEW! Automatic laser calibration procedure ensures error free analysis
- One click export of the spectrum to the CrystalSleuth software (>5000 minerals)
- Advanced Zoom & Pan methods, floating & nearest point cursors
- Drag & drop spectra vertically for reading clearance
- Peak Smoothing Algorithms: Boxcar, Savitzky-Golay, Spline
- Resolution Enhancement (Artificial Peak Sharpening)
- Peak Finder (cm-1 & nm), Derivates, noise etc. advanced analysis methods
- Multi-spectra tools for comparing up to 50 spectra simultaneously
What is included
- GemmoRaman-532SG™ Raman & PL Spectrometer unit
- Laptop computer with pre-installed software
- External QEPro spectrometer with controller and plug&play fiber optics
- USB flashdrive including Operating Instructions and unit calibration files
- 12VDC 3A laptop type transformer, 100-240VAC 50/60Hz input with US, EU or GB plug
- USB Cable, 1 meter
- Magnetic dust cover for sample stage
- External dust cover
- Anti-static dust brush
- Neutral Density Filter
- Laser calibration tool
An independent UKAS accredited laboratory has awarded Class 1 Laser product classification for GemmoRaman-532SG™, which fully meets and exceeds the safety requirements of International Laser Safety Standard IEC/EN 60825-1/2014 under normal operating conditions.
USA: GemmoRaman-532SG™ has been registered with the FDA (CDRH) to legally enter the country.
Remember to ask for a Class 1 Laser safety certificate before purchasing any Raman unit. Some products on the market may be completely illegal, while others may require for authorized laser safety training, expensive safety goggles and safety restricted areas to be operated.
- Internet connection (optional, for library updates)
- 110-240V AC or 12VDC (3A)
Installation & Maintenance
GemmoRaman-532SG™ can be installed by the end user and does not require for technician visit on site. The system is shipped with a laptop computer having pre-installed and tested software. GemmoRaman-532™ has been designed to be virtually maintenance free. It’s expected life cycle is more than 10 years. Lifetime of the laser unit is 5000 – 10000 hours, and it must be replaced by factory technician.
The GemmoRaman-532™ laser wavelength is recommended to be calibrated by the user before starting spectral acquisitions. Calibration is performed with the included GemmoRaman Laser Calibration tool or with any colorless or near colorless gem diamond above 0.05 ct. After inserting the diamond on the sample stage the rest of the calibration procedure is fully automatic.
Spectral intensity output of GemmoRaman-532SG™ has been calibrated at the factory by NIST traceable calibration standard. This calibration ensures the saved spectra are comparable between the units and other properly calibrated Raman spectrometers. It is expected that this calibration is valid for at least 2 years. Unit response calibration can be performed, for example after rough transportation, by the end user by using the optional GemmoRaman Unit response Calibration tool.
MAGILABS Warrants to the original purchaser of the GemmoRaman-532SG™ that the unit will be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of twenty-four (24) months from the date of original shipment.
GemmoRaman-532SG™ contains no user serviceable parts and components. The enclosure is sealed with a holographic label in order to prevent unauthorized maintenance. Any attempt, alteration and modification of the machine and/or the seal not made or formally authorized by MAGILABS will void and nullify the warranty. The warranty does not cover any of the following conditions:
- MAGILABS seal and/or serial label has been tampered or removed.
- Damage caused during installation and/or transportation of the unit.
- Damage caused by modification or repairs not authorized or made by MAGI.
- Unusual physical or electrical stress or power fluctuations.
- Normal wear and tear.
- Abuse or improper and unreasonable use, mistreatment or neglect.
Return & Repairs
For warranty returns and repairs, written proof of original purchase date must be provided. The unit returned for repair or replacement must be properly packaged to avoid damage. Warranty repairs will be made, at our option, on-site or at MAGILABS facility.